Despite COVID-19, we are fully operational
Customer Service 1-705-897-4955
THE ULTIMATE FAILSAFE BRAKE FOR MINING VEHICLES
FAILSAFE (Formerly SIBS)
FAILSAFE brakes significantly enhance vehicle safety, reduce vehicle operating costs and improve brake reliability.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Full enclosed, wet brake with a spring-applied hydraulic release system.
- Brakes can be programmed automatically to apply when the door is opened, seat belt removed, or the engine stopped.
- Brakes are activated manually by hitting the Emergency Button.
FAILSAFE Brakes Benefits
The extremely low wear rate of the FAILSAFE brakes means the emergency brake performs properly EVERY time. The ‘spring-applied hydraulic release’ ensures that the emergency brake is always FULLY applied, eliminating the potential for partial application of the emergency brake, a significant risk for ‘uncontrolled vehicle movements’. The emergency brake is electronically interlocked to ensure the emergency brake is applied every time the engine is turned off or a door is opened.
As the brake caliper, rotor and brake pads are fully sealed in an oil-filled housing, FAILSAFE brakes component temperatures are reduced and completely PROTECTED from contamination. This results in an extremely reliable emergency brake as there is no deterioration of the critical brake system components. And as the emergency brake is applied fully every time through the ‘spring-applied hydraulic release’, vehicles are RELIABLY restrained every time, eliminating the need for vehicle chocking.
Minimal maintenance is required as all key brake system components are now enclosed and protected in an oil-filled housing.
As FAILSAFE brakes are fully SEALED, airborne particle emissions are eliminated, delivering occupational health and safety benefits to personnel and broad environmental benefits.
Wheel End Assembly
- A fully enclosed wet brake assembly that replaces the standard brake rotor (or drum) and brake caliper assembly.
- Can be fitted to the rear brakes only or to all four wheel ends
- Includes a ‘spring-applied hydraulic release’ system. Hydraulic pressure is used to overcome the force of disc springs contained within the rear wheel end brake assembly. When the hydraulic pressure is released, the park brake applies automatically.
Emma Pump Module
- An electrically operated hydraulic pump module that is used to pressurize the park brake system that is integrated into the rear wheel end brakes. The hydraulic pressure is used to release the park brake.
ABT Control Box
- A dash-mounted control box used to control the application of the park brake. The control box also applies the park brake if one of the safety interlocks is activated such as the door opening or the key is turned off.
- The vehicles standard brake pedal, master cylinder, and load proportioning valve
- Operation of the service brake is transparent to the driver
Park and Emergency Brake
- The vehicle’s original park brake lever, cables and park brake are completely removed
- Operation of the park brake is controlled by an E-Stop button on the vehicle’s dash. The E-Stop button is simply depressed to apply the park brake. The park brake is released by resetting the E-Stop button.
Installation & Maintenance
- Failsafe brakes replace the OEM dry brake system
- A comprehensive manual is provided describing the brake installation process and maintenance procedures
- Failsafe brakes must be installed and maintained according to the manufacturer’s recommendations as detailed in the Installation and Service Manual.
Failsafe (SIBS®) Brakes
|Minor service||– Replace oil and check system|
– Underground use – Monthly
– Above ground use – 5,000km
|– Replace worn brake pads|
– Replace worn rotor
– Adjust park brake
– Replace corroded brake calipers
|Major Service||When rear brake pad wear reaches the minimum (as indicated by the pad wear indicator)||When rear brake pad wear reaches the minimum (as indicated by the pad wear indicator)|
2472 Evans Road
P.O. Box 327
Val Caron, Ontario, Canada
TOLL FREE: 1-800-461-4055
Copyright © 2021. All Rights Reserved.